GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU Abstract
Information Technology - Standards Prescribed for coding of Tamil Script - Testing of Tamil Software and Certification - Nomination of Tvl.Kani Tamil Sangam as Certifying Agency Orders - Issued.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
1) G.O.(Ms)No.17, Information Technology,Dt. 13.6.99
2) From the Chairman of Sub-Committee on Tamil in Information Technology, D.O.Lr.No.GMD/458/STF/99 Dt. 29.7.99
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued Among others, rescribing the standards for coding of Tamil Scripts, based onThe final recommendation arising out of the Tamil net 99 Conference. It was also Specified in the Government order that future purchases of Tamil Software by Government and its departments undertakings etc will be confined only to such
Software which conforms to these standards.
2. The Government at present does not have any suitable Technical agency for certifying whether any Tamil Software conforms to these Standards. Therefore, the Sub-committee of the Information Technology Task Force chaired by Dr.M.Anandakrishnan at its meeting on 25.7.99 considered
A proposal received from the President, Kani Tamil Sangam, Chennai for undertakingThe job of Software testing and certification and recommended the proposal to Government. As per the proposal, individual Tamil Software developers can Approach the Kani Tamil Sangam, pay the prescribed fees and get the Software Certified if it conforms to the standards.
3. The Government have carefully examined this proposal. The Government have also considered the facts that the Kani Tamil Sangam, Chennai was actively associated with the Sub-committee of the State Information Technology Task Force in the process of developing the standards prescribed
In the Government order cited and that the Sangam has adequate equipment and Technical expertise. The Government have therefore decided to accept the above Recommendation of the Sub-committee of the State Information Technology Task Force.
4. Accordingly, the Government nominate Tvl.Kani Tamil Sangam, Chennai as an agency for certifying all Tamil Software for conformity with the Specification of the Government order first cited as per the procedure prescribed in the Annexure to this order.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Chairman or
Sub-Committee of the State Information
Technology Task Force
Lady Wellington College Campus,
Kani Tamil Sangam, Cadgraf Computers,
No.2 Wheat Crafts Road, Chennai-34
All Secretaries to Government,Chennai-9
All Heads of Departments/All State Public Sector
Vice Chairman State Information Technology Task Force
All Member of State Information Technology Task Force
All Members of Sub-committee on Tamil in Information Technology
The Chairman and Managing Director, Electronic
Corporation of Tamil Nadu Ltd., 473 Anna Salai,
The secretary to Honourable Chief Minister (TRR)
The Additional Secretary to Honourable Chief
Minister (KR) Chennai-9.
Honourable Chief Minister's Office,Chennai-9.
The President, Manufacturer's Association for
Information Technology, Southern Region.
The President, National Association of Software
And Service Companies, New Delhi.