The Certificate Courses in Tamil aim at providing the Tamil Language Skills envisaged in the Text books of Tamil Nadu Text Book Society (Govt. of Tamil Nadu, India) for use in classes 1-12 in the schools of Tamil Nadu. These programmes will be offered as detailed below:
I. Certificate ( classes 1 to 6 )
Certificate Course is offered at three levels:
- Basic Level (classes 1 & 2)
- Intermediate Level (classes 3 & 4)
- Advanced Level (classes 5 & 6)
II. Higher Certificate ( classes 7 to 12
Higher Certificate Course is offered at three levels:
- Grade 1 ( classes 7 & 8 )
- Grade 2 ( classes 9 & 10 )
- Grade 3 (classes 11 & 12)
1. Eligibility for Admission:
- There is no prerequisite to enroll in a Certificate Programme, but the minimum age limit is as follows:
- Students are free to enroll at any Levels / Grades of the Certificate / Higher Certificate Programme, depending on the self-assessment of their own competence in the use of Tamil.
- Each of the Levels / Grades of the Certificate, Higher Certificate Programmes require a minimum study period of two Semesters (One Year) each.
- However, students would be permitted to take examinations at any point of time after the completion of the minimum period.
3. Programme and Valuation – Structure :
The structure content and valuation method of the Certificate Courses are presented in the Table below:
I. Certificate (classes 1- 6)
II. Higher Certificate (classes 7 - 12)
The Examinations will have four components:
for Basic Level only
iii. On-line Examination
- Those who take examaminations on-line will have a machine - made set of questions at random from the question bank. .
- The responses will be evaluated by the machine and the score will be provided immediately thereon.
iv. Written Examination
- Written Examination will be held at the Study/Contact Centres of TVU chosen by the students.
- Details of Question Paper pattern and Question Types will be communicated to the students and the Teachers of the Study / Contact Centres by the Course Coordinators.
- Examinations will be conducted once in 6 months.
The Examination will have two components
A. On line exams. - 25 Marks
B. Off line written exam. - 75 Marks
Syllabus and distribution of lessons for Exam. as follows :
A. On line exam:
- The candidates who take on line exam. will have a machine-made set of questions at random from the Question Bank.
- The responses will be evaluated by the machine and the marks will be awarded immediately thereon. (click here to view the Model Question Paper).)
B. Written Exam.
- Written Exam. will be held at the study / contact centres of TVU chosen by the candidates.
- Details of QP pattern and question types will be communicated to the candidates and teachers of the study / contact centres by the course co-ordinators.
- Exams. will be conducted once in 6 months. (click here to view the Model Question Paper) .)
5. Fee Structure :
- For Approved Registration and Examination Fee Structure for Certificate / Higher Certificate Courses Click here
- To qualify for the award of Certificate, a student should get an average of not less than 40% in the on-line as well as in the written exams.
- Those who score 60% and above will be certified to have passed in I class.
- Those who get 80% and above will be declared to have passed with distinction.